Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Proper 13

Proper 13 Whoever comes

Whoever comes is welcome in my house.
Whoever comes I will not turn away.
Whoever comes may receive any or all of my gifts.
Whoever comes through the darkness of the void walks by the light of faith.

My house is a mansion of abundance.
My invitation inspires the whisper of the wind.
My gifts are not such as weary with the wear.
Your faith imbues my gifts with endless bliss renewed in the
Spirit’s kiss of peace.

Do you labor long to accumulate things that only satisfy in the thrill of acquisition?
Do you freeze your joy in storage bins and banks rank with stagnation?
Time erodes the romance of desire with a single sigh.
Passion freezes in the wry count of possession and disposition.

Walk with me in the Temple courts of immaterial delights.
Rediscover again your destiny in the invitation of the Beloved.

No comments:

Post a Comment